(Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.)
OPS STAFF ASSISTANT – 77907578
Date: Aug 5, 2019
Location: SAINT PETERSBURG, FL, US, 33701
Apply now »
Requisition No: 69143
Agency: Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC)
Working Title: OPS STAFF ASSISTANT – 77907578
Position Number: 77907578
Salary: $15 – $17 Per Hour, Depending on Experience
Posting Closing Date: 08/13/2019
This is an OPS position to assist the Grants Administrator and staff in the procurement, coordination and management of revenue grant funding for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute (FWRI).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the grant management portion of the Research Approval Form (RAF) site
- Send notifications to research staff regarding approved RAF for grants and track status of proposals
- Input the grant information into the FGTS (Federal Grant Tracking System).
- Obtain appropriate signatures on awards and amendments and return as needed to granting agency.
- Prepare grant documents for processing to include mailing/emailing and routing for review and signatures, filing, etc.
- Assist in maintaining the accuracy of the FWRI grant records and files, this includes setting up and organizing physical and electronic files, keeping the grants list up-to-date and posting the same on our interoffice portal site.
- Set up Project ID #’s (PIDs) for incoming grant projects, update FBO (Finance Budget Office) and Revenue staff when new projects are awarded and forward all incoming documents pertaining to the set-up of a new project.
- Assist in preparing and updating the accounting revenue agreement financial set-up forms when projects are awarded and/or amended as assigned.
- Take necessary steps to deactivate PIDs when project complete
- Track record retention schedule and prepare records for disposition as needed
- Filing, copying, scanning, answering phones and mailing/emailing documents as needed
- Set up meetings for Grants office and take notes during meetings
- Assist with Grants office travel and purchasing as needed
- Perform other related work as it relates to assisting the Grants office.
- Participate in public outreach efforts, as appropriate.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Three years of secretarial or clerical work experience. College education from an accredited institution can substitute at the rate of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours for each year of the required work experience; or vocational/technical training in the area of secretarial science or office/business studies can substitute at the rate of 720 classroom hours for each year of the required work experience; or a high school diploma or its equivalent can substitute for one year of the required work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective communication and of administrative principles and practices; the terminology, principles and techniques used in grant accounting. Ability to evaluate and analyze grant project activities; utilize problem-solving techniques; plan, organize and prioritize work assignments; communicate effectively verbally and in writing; establish and maintain effective professional relationships; effectively work independently and on a team. Skill in performing basic math and in the use of personal computers, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, Adobe and word-processing software.
This position may require a background screening.
WHAT IS OPS EMPLOYMENT? Other Personal Services (OPS) temporary employer/employee relationship used solely for accomplishing short term or intermittent tasks. OPS employees do not fill established positions and may not be assigned the duties of any vacant authorized position. OPS employees are at-will employees and are subject to actions such as pay changes, changes to work assignment and terminations at the pleasure of the agency head or designee.
WHAT BENEFITS ARE APPLICABLE TO OPS EMPLOYEES?
- State of Florida 401(a) FICA Alternative Plan – mandatory
- Workers’ Compensation – mandatory
- Reemployment Assistance (Unemployment Compensation) – mandatory
- Participation in state group insurance (must meet eligibility requirements. Consult with People First or the servicing Human Resource Office for details.)
- Deferred Compensation – voluntary
- Employee Assistance Program – voluntary
WHAT BENEFITS ARE NOT APPLICABLE TO OPS EMPLOYEES?
- Any form of paid leave
- Paid holidays
- Participation in the Florida Retirement System
- Reinstatement rights or retention rights
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Nearest Major Market: Tampa
Apply now »